The AIC Ambassadors are strong advocates of the Project and promote this across the globe. The Ambassadors seek to actively raise funds for the Project. They also use their immense skills and expertise to advise the team on a regular basis. Current AIC Ambassadors are:
Dr. Asgarali Moledina
Dr. Asgarali Moledina is the immediate Past President (2009-2017) of The World Federation.
Born and bred in Mombasa he started his service to the community as a student in Mombasa, and continued this whilst pursuing his medical studies in Mumbai. He has served the Community wherever he has stayed, which includes Kenya, Uganda, Mozambique, South Africa and USA.
Asgar bhai has served as Presidents of Kampala and Maputo jamaat, Trustee at Africa Federation, Vice President of Africa Federation (2004-2007) and President of The World Federation (2009-2017).
Under the leadership of Late Mulla Asgherali M M Jaffer he led the very first Hajj Medical Mission in 1977. He has initiated various projects in Education, Housing, Economic Upliftment, Tableegh and Islamic Education. His passion for Bilal work and enhancement of Islamic education led to the establishment of the BLESS project in Bilal and MCE project at WF. His love for humanity and our Khoja community has been the prime motivation and drive for success in the service of the creator!
Al Haj Sajjad Rashid
Al Hajj Sajjad Rashid is the immediate past Chairman of Mombasa Jamaat (2011-2015). He was also Chairman of the Jamaat between 1986 to 1992.
Sajjad bhai was born in Mombasa and is a successful businessman, owning companies in the construction and manufacturing industry in Mombasa and Dubai.
Sajjad bhai’s services to our Community include the following:
- Establishment of the Jaffery Islamic Complex in Mombasa which includes the building of Masjid, Imambargah, Ghusl Kafan and Housing
- Establishment of Trusts managed by Mombasa Jamaat to promote higher education and welfare assistance
- Led the rescue team to transfer our Community members from Mogadishu, Somalia to Mombasa in 1991 during the civil war. This was a risky sea-borne exercise and Sajjad bhai led a team to rescue 1,257 people of all denominations, including the High Commissioner of Pakistan and his family
- Led the rescue team to transfer our community members from Yemen to Djibouti in 2015 due to the civil war
Sajjad bhai holds the following accolades primarily due to his rescue services in Somalia and Yemen:
- “Sitara-e-Khidmat” by the Government of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan
- “Kawkab-e-Qaum” by the World Federation
- “Hydery Medal” by Africa Federation
- He has also received awards from The Rotary International and Baden Powell Foundation
Sajjad bhai’s services are not just within the Community. In 1993 he was nominated as a ‘Member of Parliament’ by the President of Kenya and has been awarded “Elder of the Burning Spear” and “Chief of the Burning Spear” for his services to the country.